Sunday, September 2, 2012

What did you do for Labor Day weekend?

Oh, well, we figured we would stare at our son's wee-wee and run back and forth to the half bathroom 50 times a day.  ;) 

All jokes aside, I guess it has been going pretty well.  I am exhausted.  And, it is so far from easy.  BUT, other than a few dribbles on his underwear here and there, he has only had one "real" accident each day.  And, we can blame ourselves because we both got distracted both times with other things we were doing, and should have known to take him to "try" before we got pretty involved with something else.  He did go poo-poo once in the toilet yesterday, but held it all day today and threw a FIT when I tried to get him to go before bed.  Oh well, just hope he does not get a belly ache.

We have adapted to good ol' 3 day plan a bit.  He is so not ready for making it through the night at this point so we are still using pull-ups for nap and night sleeping.  I was very against it at first, but I think Liam just really needs baby steps with all new adventures.  We are using a treat box...
which he LOVED yesterday, but although we told him to get a prize each time after he went today, he just really did not even need or want one.  He kinda "weened" himself.  Yep, 50 bucks at the dollar store.  All of the money we will be saving on diapers.  ;)
I am so sick of looking at these two things.  ;)
Added this gem at the last minute and his been his favorite thing.  He gets a sticker for every time he goes pee-pee on the potty and a star for a poo-poo.

This will be continued, but I think we are on the right track and I am proud of my little man.



No comments:

Post a Comment