Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Ricky Blake is 35 and Liam meets his teachers

Well I feel like I am talking about somebody else when I say Rick is 35...when did we move into our mid-30s???!  Anywho, we had a fun date night last Friday night to celebrate at the Lemonbar in Frisco which I LOVE now!  And then, last night we went to Texas Land and Cattle with the fam for dinner and back home for cake or "cack" with a short a, as Liam calls it!  I whipped up some cupcakes during the day for daddy and we sang to him.  Liam's look is priceless and so sweet!  I did not ask Rick what he wished for, but I THINK it may have been for #3  ;)  We are in our second month of "trying", which is not a real secret and I told Rick before we started he could pick out the names for this one...he ALREADY has and is SOOO hoping for another boy to use the boys name.  I actually liked both!  Quinlen James or "Quinn" for a boy and Cadence Laine or "Cady" for a girl...why didn't I just have him pick in the past???  ;)  We are bothing making some wishes for a a healthy addition, but if it does not happen after this next month, we will be happy with our two little angels we have now.  A little off track, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY RICK!!!  Hope all all of your wishes come true!

We also went to meet Liam's teachers yesterday.  What a difference a year can make.  He is SOOOO ready to go this year and his teachers are AWESOME!!!!  Super friendly and sweet, sweet, sweet!  I love his classroom and the other moms were really great.  Rowan got right in the mix and had us cracking up the whole time....such different personalities these two.  She is ready THIS YEAR!!!  ;)

Okay this was last year....
And this is kinda far away, but this is this year...
And another (sidnote: do I like brown for Meet the Teacher days or something???!  wth?)....
WHERE DID OUR BABY GO???
We are very excited for his first day tomorrow and looking forward to a great year!

Here is Rowan right in the mix!
And just a little something we will probably look back at someday and laugh hysterically about.  But for today I was very close to a heart attack.  See that little pink dolly laying on the floor behind our sweet girl?  Um, yeah.  This thing is her LIFE LINE people.  She will NOT go to sleep without her.  She will really not do anything without her.  We thought she was gone this morning.  I drove around Frisco for one hour re-tracing our steps of the morning.  I even called the school office to the playground we were playing on.  Nope, nothing.  I was sick.  I tried to give her a different doll and she cried and cried.  I almost did too.  Then, like magic, after nesrly 2 hours, I took out the trash and she appeared...UNDER the trash bag at the bottom of the can.  OMG!  I was SO relieved and so was she!  Rowan is VERY into putting things into containers these days...who knew dolly would almost die because of it???!  ;)

Happy Wednesday!



1 comment: