Sunday, September 30, 2012

Liam is playing soccer...well kinda ;)

I am so thankful to my friends Kristi and Kelly for telling us about this.  Perfect little activity for Liam right now.  He is doing great in school but I also wanted him to have something fun to do in order to burn some energy and to reinforce taking turns, etc.  We joined the Sharkies Indoor Soccer team last week and were super excited for our first game on Saturday morning.  The coach and team were so welcoming through emails and facebook (since we are starting a little late in the season) I knew rightt away it was an awesome team!!!

We ran around on Friday trying to find a light blue shirt (they were not sure they would have a shirt leftover for him--long and short, went to 10 stores and finally found one at--wait for it, DOLLAR TREE!  oh my...then, I put it on him on Saturday morning and he says "No no mommy not nice!  Too big!"  in other words, get this off I am not wearing it.  ;))  Aaaaaand, when we got there, they had a shirt for him anyway. All worked out!

We also had to buy his first pair of shinguards and soccer socks.  And we got Liam a size 3 ball and of course our sweet girl needed one too, so she got a size one.  SHE LOVES BALLS!

Lookin good right?  Well, THAT lasted for 2 minutes and then he decided he did not want to play.  ;)  Rick and I took turns holding him on the field mainly so he would STAY on the field.  He did get down one other time ran after the ball and a little boy took it (which they are SUPPOSED to do!!!!  ;)  But Liam did not like that too much and then he was for sure, ALL DONE!  ;)

He LOVED the snack after and we look forward to small progress each week.  I just feel lucky he has the opportunity to experience something like this.  I think his fave part may have been the snacks afterwards.  ;)

Next week is Rowan's bday party at 10 am.  But Rick is going to take him with his grandparents and dad (who arrive tomorrow night) and leave quickly after to make it to the pumpkin farm on time--yikes!. Maybe Liam will show off for them and score some goals.   We are very proud of you big boy!

Sidenote...And I wish I had a pic.  Rowan is ready to play NOW.  She dribbled the whole time outside the field.  This girl is going to be a natural at sports we think!  Maybe she takes after her mama.  ;)  Miss Rowan you crack us up!



No comments:

Post a Comment