Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Years Resolutions

Well Rick and I wrote 5 resolutions each last night and shared them with each other before the new year.  It will be fun to look back next year and see how we did!
Me:
1.  Go to church every weekend.  I made this one last year and we did great til June...Liam kicked Rick somewhere it hurt pretty bad while having one of MANY meltdowns he was having every week and we kinda gave up after that.  :(  With me being prego, it really was ALOT on Rick to have to keep a VERY strong willed active toddler in check.  Soooo, 2012 brings another go at it.  We have recently decided we want the kiddos to attend Catholic School and mass needs to be a very important part of their lives.  It will be good for all of us and I truly enjoy it!

2. BUDGET!  I have always done the money.  I have always done a very good job...been pretty cheap in fact.  Well, now with two kiddos, I have REALLY been slacking.  I am just happy to get out of the store alive, so I have been very lax on looking for bargains.  I used to go to 4 and 5 different stores just to get the best deals.  We are going to try to stick to 800 total every two weeks--gas, groceries, EVERYTHING...this will allow us to put a bunch in savings and pay that credit card down...which we HAD paid off.  Medical bills have KILLED us!  :(  We can do it!

3.  Start running again..FOR.REAL.  I used to run regularly before I met Rick.  ha!  I LOVE IT and it is a great stress reliever.  Now that I know my body will never be prego again and this is the one body I will have for the rest of my life, I need to tone up and stay in shape.  I do not care about losing weight, in fact, I do not want to, just want to be healthy.  My goal is to complete at least 3 5Ks by the end of the year.  Better start running!  ;)

4.  PATIENCE!  Sleep deprivation has hurt this area very much.  :(  Not something I am proud of.  I MUST make more time for Liam on a daily basis and ensure that I remember HE IS TWO!  ;)  And patience with my hubby...it is a hard thing for me understand--no, I am not always right!  ;)

5.  And lastly, consciously be a positive role model for my children...even in all the little things I do on a daily basis.  They are ALWAYS watching and learning from all that I do.

Rick:
1.  Stop fighting ;)  This was exactly what he wrote.  So simple and true. Again, sleep deprivation and his very, very, long hours of work have caused us to become a bit distant and argumentative...we both are ready to get "us" back and learn more patience with each other...again, these little angels are ALWAYS watching!!!

2.  Get hip fixed.  (again, exactly as he wrote it)  He really does need to get this checked out and we HOPE it is not anything too major.  He is constantly in pain now and always walking with a limp.  Scary, but hopefully he will be okay. 

3.  Start working out.  (we BOTH want to become healthier)

4.  No candy.  (I died laughing at this list when I read it!)..he def. does love his candy.  Can eat a box or two of Mike and Ikes in a night...maybe next year it will be a trip to the dentist as a resolution.  ;)

5.  Liam on pot!!  (HILARIOUS!  how was this a resolution for Rick?!?!?  so he does not have to change diapers anymore!  ha!)  It is a goal for us but not til the summer, unless he shows us signs earlier. 

It was interesting to see that on first glance our lists looked VERY different.  However, they are actually very similar...we both want the best for our family.  Hope we have great success with this in 2012!!  Looking forward to a great year.

No comments:

Post a Comment