Monday, January 23, 2012

Weekend recap

Friday ended up being a crazy but fun day.  Kristi and Emmie came over for a fun playdate.  We were supposed to meet at the park but with 2 extra long naps we were running really late so they just came here.  The weather was beautiful so we played in the backyard for a bit and then came in the house and played in the loft--for some reason it is Liam's new fave spot.

While they were here my long lost friend Pat came to visit.  He was here for a job interview and stayed at his uncle's house very close to us.  Emmie and Kristi headed out and he stayed for a few beers while Rick picked up pizza for dinner.  It was great to catch up with him and I hope the job works out!  Kiddos both went to bed by 8 and Rick and I had our pizza and beer night...however, I forgot the pizza part...not smart!  yikes--def. cannot hang in my old age, but it was just so relaxing.  We sat out back until the temp dropped to FREEEEEEZING and listened to music on pandora.  Great memories made!

Saturday came quickly and Liam and I headed to our first of 2 bday parties for 2 of his great friends!  Cole celebrated his 3rd birthday at Pump It Up which is so close to our house and tons of fun.  Liam had a BLAST bouncing, going through the mazes, and down the big slide. So sad I forgot my camera, so I did not get any good pics.  :(  We ate yummy cake and headed home quickly for a nap.  I fed Rowan and then I went out to do some grocery shopping.  Before we knew it, it was time to venture out to our second party at Little Gym for Emmie's 2nd birthday!  Liam again ran and played and did end up having quite a meltdown by the end of the party...I think he was just exhausted and possibly not feeling good because sure enough he woke up on Sunday with a faucet of a nose!  :(  Still, that child is going to be the death of me with his heart wrenching screams and temper tantrums in public....ugh.  It too shall pass, right???  But both parties were tons of fun and we had a great day.

When we got home, we did baths, ordered some italian for delivery (which was delish) and tried to watch Hangover 2 but mama was asleep by 8:45!  ;)

Sunday morning we went to Holy Cross Church at 9:30...it is a new church and school they are building at Legacy and Lebanon, but for now services are in a school cafeteria.  We are thinking about joining here instead just because of the option of the school...but, it IS going to be 8000 a year--yikes!  FOR ONE CHILD!!!  But once I am back to work all money will go to school and saving for college, so it should be okay.  I am also going to put my resume out there and who knows, maybe at could teach at their school!!!  That would be ideal of course.  Rick really liked all of the music and Rowan and Liam did a really good job again.  We even brought the gifts up.  It was really nice.  We shall see because we do LOVE all of the people at St. Francis and I adore my MOMS group there, so not sure what will happen.  Regardless, the new school will not have a 2 year old class next year, so he will def. go to St. Francis for another year.

After church, we took Liam for a haircut.  Then, Rick ran to Kohls to return some picture frames and pick up wings for the big Ravens game.  They lost :( but only my hubby would be a cranky bear all day BEFORE the game because of stress and happy once it was over even though they lost.  He said he was just so nervous---WEIRDO!  While he watched the game, Liam and I played outside for a while...I DO have pics of that--yay!

Finally liked the lake behind our house!
And then some platime inside with sister--she ADORES HIM!!!!
So after some playing we cooked some steaks on the grill and relaxed for the rest of the night.  Rowan was out at 7 and we spent some special time with Liam in his playroom.  Guess what happened?!?!?!  Probably a TOTAL fluke, but he started pulling at his diaper like he has been doing lately when he has to go #2.  So we quick asked him if he wanted to try to go on the potty.  We went to the bathroom and he sat there and for the very first time he went #1 on the POT!  The big toilet with a cars seat on it.  He was SOOOOOOOOO proud of himself.  So we let him run around without his diaper on and we did have one accident after that but he did REALLY good for an hour!  I cried.  Cannot believe he is growing up so fast.  We did buy some big boy underwear, but I still think he has a LOOONG way to go and we are just not sure where to go from here now.  DEFINITELY do not want to force it...I will keep updating as it unfolds.  But we are going to transition him to his big boy toddler bed soon too.  He is ready to feel more like a "big boy" and I think he will really like it.  Updates coming soon on that one too!

So we were all in bed very early last night and we did have tons of stuff planned this week including a playdate here this morning, but of course, Liam is sick so the week will be spent in the house mostly.  :(  Have a great week everyone!

sidenote:  As I am typing Rowan is working very hard on her mat to go from her back to her belly!  She is so chunky, she gets stuck, but she was just completely on her side with her feet up high.  Of course I could not catch that but here is a little sneak peak of what is coming soon!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment