Monday, January 16, 2012

FUN weekend!

Well except for Friday night when Rick decided to install a new hot water heater on his own.  into the attic right outside of the kids' rooms.  at bedtime.  As of Saturday morning we still had no hot water, but we were able to have hot baths by the middle of the day.  Aaaaaaand another cold bath this morning....oh, this hubby of mine!  So this could be a whole separate post, so I will stop now, but hopefully he will suck it up today and get a trained professional out here to fix whatever is going on.

Despite the hot water mishaps, it was a fabulous weekend with the family!!  Rowan slept 7 to 7 on Friday night with one short wake up 1 am, which got us started on a very RESTED note!  She is doing sooooo well in her crib!  We relaxed Sat. morning and then I headed out for a facial at 10:30.  It was one of my Christmas gifts.  Super relaxing hour of being pampered...other than the burn on my eyebrow from a wax, it was fabulous!  (my luck!)  ;)  Have a pretty little scab now, but whatever...

I headed home, fed Rowan and then set out for a long run in the BEAUTIFUL 65 degree weather...no wind made it even more awesome.  I did 2.9 miles!!!  And felt good.  Almost there!  Liam woke up from his nap---well, he skipped a nap, but played nicely in his crib for over an hour---when I got home and Rick gave Rowan a bath while Liam and I went outside to play ball.  Love those special times with my little man.  We spent about 45 minutes in the front yard..it was great!  Then it was Liam and mommy's turn for a bath.  At 4:45 we went to church.  Both kids did GREAT!  Rowan hung out in her carseat for a bit, then on dada's shoulder, then in the bjorn.  Liam colored and acted out blues clues...of course he talks up a storm in church (what we are promoting at home!) and does not really get the whole whisper thing, but, regardless, he did soooo good! 

After church, we came home, put the kiddos in their jammies, Liam ate dinner, I fed Rowan a little bit, and then mommy and daddy had a glass of wine while we waited for bedtime.  7 pm Liam was out--he was exhausted from no nap and Rowan was out by 7:15!  Now that she is sleeping more at night, naps are few and far between during the day, so she is so tired when bedtime rolls around...but, how great for it to work out like this because Vicki got to our house around 7:20 and Rick and I left to make our 8 pm reservation at Seasons 52...let me just say, this was the most relaxed I have been in 2 years and I enjoyed every minute with Rick and every bit of the food and drinks.  We each had a glass of wine and I got the trout recommended by the waiter (DELISH!!!) and Rick got a filet you could cut with a butter knife.  The funny part of the night was when I made the reservation they asked of it was a special occasion and for some odd reason I said it was our anniversary???!  It was my birthday!  ha!  Shows you how my mind has been working as a mama of 2!  So we got a happy anniversary card given to us and everyone that came by kept saying happy anniversary.  It was quite hilarious, but we both went along with it!  It will be 5 years in June so I guess I wanted to make it a year long celebration!  ha!  We finished dinner and went to the Ginger Man for a yummy beer...they have so many and I got a vanilla stout--it was like dessert and sooo good!  We were home by 10:30 but I enjoyed every minute of that alone time with Rick AND eating without having to calm a crying baby or heat up cold food for a toddler!  We even watched the Sarah Jessica Parker movie, I don't know how she does it when we got home.  It was an okay movie, but a perfect night!!!

Sunday morning Rick and Liam went out to the grocery store to get some wings and dips for the Ravens game.  I went out for another run when they got home and then Britt came over to watch the Ravens game with us.  I was nice to spend time with her, a fellow Baltimore resident.  The kids were so well behaved.  Liam took a 3 hour nap and Rowan was awake most of the day--but so pleasant!  Little stinker does not like to miss out on anything!!!  Ravens won and Rick was very happy!  Britt was here till 5 and then we ate steaks on the grill and we were all in bed asleep by 9:30!  Here are some pics of Rick's good luck charms!
Such cuties!  This week and weekend brings more fun!  Tomorrow night is my MOMS monthly meeting for my church group.  Thursday night out for a friend's bday!  And Saturday 2 bday parties for good friends of Liam.  Can't wait!  I think a lot of cool peeps were born in January or something!  ;)

Have a fabulous week all!

No comments:

Post a Comment