Friday, January 20, 2012

TGIF

What a LOOOOONG week!  This may be very short because as I type "no nap nancy" aka Rowan is waking up from what I thought would be her longest nap of the week.  Guess not!  She is sleeping well at night...well, 7 pm til about 1 and then til 6.  Feedings are super quick and then she is up for the day by 8.  But little miss does not want to nap!  Except for today when we need to be at the park...because it is 77 degrees on Jan. 20th!  Gotta love Texas weather!

I have been exhausted all week from some very long days so I have not done ANY running all week.  :/  With the weather so nice today I hope to get out tonite, but we shall see.  Tuesday night I had my evening meeting for our St. Francis MOMS group.  Always so enlightening.  Talked a lot about budgeting and organizing...oh, how I need a new organizational system in this house.  I used to be so on top of everything and since Rowan was born, I feel all over the place.  I also learned of a website e-mealz.com   I joined for 21 dollars for 3 months and it gives you all of your recipes for dinners and a shopping list for all of the ingredients...really cool!  I am going to start next week.  The only problem is, Rick tends to be a bit picky still, and some of the stuff I am not sure he will like--but we will try.

Last night we went out to RA Sushi for a Ann's bday and it was lots of fun.  It is so nice to get out with other moms and just chat.  And then Annie and I sat in her car and chatted for over an hour before I headed home.  She is such a sweet friend and I really value her opinion and experience about stuff.  I actually contacted her pediatrician today in hopes of getting Liam an appt. to see one of the drs. in the practice...they use a holistic approach to medicine which I think could be much better for both of my kiddos..I will do anything.  Long and short is, I am very worried about Liam (aren't I always worried about one of them!!!).  We found out his speech is 25% delayed and he also has a cognitive delay of 20%...that was a SHOCK!  I knew he was struggling with speech, but I thought he would do great in all other areas.  Motor skills are that of a 3 year old and I was not surprised at all about that one!  Anyway, he does qualify for services and we sign the paperwork on Thursday and they should begin the week of Feb 1st.  I just want to help him.  He is really frustrated at this point and hopefully they can give us some strategies to make it all a bit easier for him.  Hate to see him struggling.  I will post updates at they happen!  Hope it is all positive and that I can stop worrying so much!  He is a smart, sweet boy and I feel so lucky to have him!

So 2 bday parties tomorrow for our good friends Cole and Emmie.  And not too much else going on.  Pizza and beer tonite, which I LOVE!!!  ;)  Looking forward to a fun weekend.  No pics today because I am too lazy to get the camera, but they are both as cute as ever!  ;)  HAPPY FRIDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment