Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Our 5th Anniversary and Father's Day 2012

What a great weekend.  Friday night we had our own little happy hour at home while the kiddos played outside with the hose and some toys. 
She could not wait to get out there!!!! 
She HATES the grass.  Sooo funny...she kept crawling to it and the minute she would touch it, the tears came.  SUCH a girl!

Saturday morning, we relaxed around the house.  Rowan took a long morning nap and we went to the FAC pool around noon.  Kids had so much fun as always.  We went in the lazy river for the first time and both of them LOVED it.  Rick and I really liked it too...much more relaxing sitting and floating rather than running and chasing.  ;)

Both kids took afternoon naps and then I took Liam to the park and Rick took Rowan out for a ride in the push car.  She sat in that car for 25 minutes just watching dada water the bushes.  She would NEVER do that for me!!!  Just adores her daddy these days.  It is super cute!

Vicki came over at 7:30 and mommy and daddy headed out for date night.  We had such a relaxing evening!  Drinks and a cheese plate at CRU and then onto the Gingerman.  We sat outside on the steps and listened to the mive music across the street while having some beers.  SUPER relaxing and so much fun.  The little band played tons of the same music that our band played on our wedding day.  It was really cool!  We exchanged cards and I did get a really pretty coral necklace from a Stella and Dot trunk show last week which was "for our 5 year anniversary".  ;)  Rick really wants to get me a new ring.  Long story but it was always the plan, but I just cannot justify spending a lot of money right now on me when we have two little ones, want a third, and still have the house in PA...maybe once that sells, if we ever put it on the market, but for now, I am content with my little silver ring.  ;)

Sunday morning, I let Rick sleep in and took the kids to church by myself.  It went pretty well.  Rowan choked on a puff as soon as we got there and puked and Liam had a meltdown throwing raisins and crayons at the end, but we survived!  ;)  The onto Target for some weekly shopping.  We dropped off the groceries and picked up daddy to head to his favorite brunch spot, Blue Goose.  It was delish!!!!

Both kids took early naps and daddy relaxed again, while I went for a run.  It was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO hot!  When the kids woke, we headed over to my friend Pat's pool.  It is just so crazy to me...he drove me to high school, my sister dated his younger brother, my brother was in his youngest brother's wedding and our parents are very good friends.  And now, he is FRISCO, TEXAS in the Trails, right down the street.  LOVE having someone here though!!!  And they are just such a nice family!!!  It was so very kind of them to have us over considering they just moved in last Monday!  Their neighborhood pool was so much fun.  Liam played and Rowan hung out with us.  They have two older kids...a boy, Colin, who is 7, and Maggie is 5 who looked over both of our kids so well.  Then, we headed back to their GORGEOUS 5000 square foot house.  O.M.G.  We are so happy for them.  The finishes are amazing and they just seem so happy.  They cooked a delicious dinner on the grill and we had ice cream and were all home in bed by 9.

Never want these weekends to end!!!  Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment