Monday, June 4, 2012

Croup ruined our plans but not our weekend!!!

Well, Liam started with a fever last Tuesday and it turned into the worst case of croup yet, but he survived with many breathing treatments over the weekend and tons of steamy bathroom time with mommy.  Nights were the worst, but he is such a little trooper.  We are PRAYING Rowan does not get it, but she is very cranky today which I hope does not mean it is coming.  :(  Anywho, we were not able to do a happy hour playdate with the Algors or go to Rick's boss's party on Saturday night, but we still had a pretty great weekend!

Friday night, we went to Applebees for dinner.  I did not have much of an appetite, but Rick always knows just what I need when I am sad!!  It was so great to get out of the house and Liam was pretty good until we were leaving and he started a coughing fit.  Poor guy!  After, we did bath and bed.  I went up to read at 8:45 and was out by 9:15.

Saturday morning both kids slept til 8:30...well, Rowan was up once at 5, but that is a GREAT night for all of us!  I went to the gym to get a long run in and Rick took them for a walk and on a few errands.  When I got back, we all headed to Cool Cuts so Liam could get his haircut.  We used to go to Sharky's but the woman at Cool Cuts does SUCH a great job with Liam's hair; and he really responds well to her also.  Rowan took a quick nap in the car as Rick drove around and waited for us and then we went to Bonnie Ruth's for a late brunch.  It is our new fave.  BEST bloodies and such good food!  We sat outside pretty much in a corner by the fireplace ;) so we did not spread germs all over.  After, Liam loved looking at the fountain.
Yikes!  Thought we had a diver!  ;)
We headed home for naps and relaxation.  We decided to go to the 5:00 mass and stand in the back by the entrance so we again did not spread germs!  Rick wanted to go out to eat AGAIN (which since I am not a huge fan of cooking, I cannot complain too much!!!) so we went to La Hacienda to share some fajitas.  Liam and Rowan loved it there...so kid friendly!
Bedtime came early again and good thing because I was up a lot with Liam getting his breathing straight.

Sunday morning, we relaxed for a bit and then I went to the gym to get another run in.  After, I picked Rowan up and we did our weekly shopping at Target.  I wish I got a pic but she was sooooooo excited to be IN the cart.  Usually, I carry her in the bjorn and big brother sits in the cart, but this time she was the big girl.  I cannot even explain how proud she was!!  Her personality is sooooo much fun.

While we were at Target, Rick took Liam to the big pool at Frisco athletic center...dr said he was not contagious anymore, so we felt ok doing so.  Rick totally forgot the camera as well, but let's just say Liam was in heaven!!!  They went to that Bahama place around the corner after to get a snowball...such a fun boy date!

Both kiddos took late afternoon naps and then we grilled burgers and hot dogs and played out back in the evening.  We filled up the pools and those storage bins that Liam loved so much last year.  We thought Rowan would love the small space, but sure enough as soon as she got in, Liam dumped a bucket of water over her head and she was DONE after that.  She sat completely still on my lap under a tree for the rest of the time.  ;)  Poor second child!
Crying in the bucket ;)
She did love the swing though!
 And Liam LOVED the water...

Great family weekend!!!

Some sidenotes...I did give Liam some breast milk mixed into his juice..just about an ounce on Sat. and an ounce on Sunday and I think that is why he is doing so much better today!  I was supposed to be done as of this week, but I am going to keep it up (just one feeding a day) until our trip.  Any extra can go to Liam!
We went shopping for Father's Day this morning.  Hope Rick likes his gifts...underwear, t-shirts, 3 polos, and a gift card to Ross (that is what he requested!  ;)  I did by accident get a new pair of running shoes for myself while we were out.  But SHHHHHHH!  ;)

Happy Monday!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment