Sunday, June 10, 2012

The pool and stuff...

Another amazing family weekend!!!  Always so sad for it to come to an end! 

Friday night, I babysat for Vicki and early Saturday morning I ran in the Race for the Cure.  I did a personal best of 26:08 and felt pretty great.  It was already kinda hot, but a very flat, fast course.  So happy to honor my Aunt Patti, my dad's youngest sister, who is a survivor of about 10 years.  She had a double masectomy and is a true model of courage, strength and a POSITIVE attitude!  Love and miss her lots, but cannot wait to see her in 2 weeks!!! 

After the race, we went to a splash park and then headed home for naps.  After the kiddos woke up, we headed out to Frisco Athletic Center for some pool time.  OMG!  It is awesome.  Liam had so much fun and Rowan warmed up to the water by the end. 

This pool is sooooo perfect for Liam!  Just the right depth with all of the fun fountains and slides.  He is a pro in the water this summer!  Totally amazed me and he has not even had swimming lessons yet! 

After an hour and a half at the pool, we headed out to dinner and then home for bath a bed.  This morning both kiddos woke up super early. I went out for a run and then we all went to the 9:30 mass and to McDonald's for breakfast (my BIGGEST guilty pleasure!!!).  Rowan fell asleep on the way home and we got her into her crib to take a pretty long hour and a half morning nap.  While she slept, Liam and I went to Target.  LOVE those special times with my little man.  He was SOOOO sweet and good all day today and we really had fun shopping...if that is even possible!  ;) 

Then, was lunch, and back to the pool for another 2 hours!  It was another very fun day there.  Rowan LOVED it!!!  She splashed and played for 45 minutes and cried when we tried to get her out.  ;)  She took another nap when we got home.  Liam just played upstairs (but was asleep at 7:00 pm tonight).  We grilled pork chops and had a yummy dinner and went out for some ice cream after.  ;) 

BEST part about the pool--LONG naps and early bedtimes.  ;)  And of course lots of smiles from my favorite two munchkins.

On a sidenote, as I was typing this, Rowan was trying to put herself to sleep.  A mere two days ago, I mentioned she was not standing up in her crib yet...
Not the greatest pic of the monitor, but there she is...STANDING UP!  ;)

Have a great week everyone!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment