Friday, June 1, 2012

Five Faves for Friday!

Today has been an interesting day to say the least but I need to remember the importance in my life and how much I have to be thankful for!!!

Fave #1:
Rowan's kisses.  She opens her mouth super wide, dives in, and gives me a big, slobbery kiss at least a few times per day.  The.sweetest.

Fave #2:
Family and that we will be packing to go see them in 3 weeks!  Our agenda is as follows:  Flight to Philly June 23rd..staying at my mom's.  Rowan's baptism on Sunday, June 24th....taking everyone out to lunch and seeing lots of family!!!  Monday, June 25th-Wednesday, June 27th...heading to the Jersey Shore for some beach fun.  We will be staying at Cass's house in Sea Isle.  Cannot wait!  Thursday, June 28th...renting a car and driving to York, PA (kid free!) to see some friends and check on our house.
Friday, June 29th...drive to Bel Air, MD to stay with the Kennedys!  Rick's sister, Kallie is graduating high school and the party is on Sat.  Seeing lots of family again!!!  YAY!  Sunday, July 1st...driving to Ellicott City, MD to stay with Rick's grandmom and to see his dad and the Blake side of the fam.  My sister lives 5 minutes from there now too, so we will get to see her and my sweet nephew again too!  Tuesday, July 3rd, flight out of Baltimore back to Dallas.  SOOOOOOOOO LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS!

Fave #3:
Kind of appropriate for today....true, lifelong friendships.  I am sad for what happened today, but I guess it is what it is. In short, I have always had a very easy time making acquaintances.  It takes so much to build a true friendship.  I know my real friends have always valued my loyalty and thoughtfulness.  I know I am a genuine person and always have been.  I care deeply for others and truly appreciate those who make me feel special as well.  No matter what happens in the future, I need to remember these things and always be proud of the person I am, as well as thankful for how many wonderful friends I have.  Am I perfect?  NO!  Far from it.  But being a good friend is something I take to heart.  I cannot wait to see Laurie, Kate, and Caryn in our travels.  I need some of them in my life right now!!!  :-)

Fave #4:
Parks...we have been getting out in the mornings as much as possible before it gets too hot.  I love taking the kiddos to the park.  We meet my friend Vicki there at least once a week and both kids always sleep so well on those days.  There are so many great parks around here and we are trying to expand our experiences!  ;)  Zinedean and Liam play so nice together...well, WILD, but they ARE boys!  And we cannot wait until Sophie and Rowan can run around and play too!

Fave #5:
How much Liam is talking!!!  It truly is amazing.  We are so proud of all of his hard work.  From the time he wakes up in the morning until the time he goes to sleep EVERYTHING is "cool".  "ommy, cool fishies"..."ommy, cool shoes"..."ommy, cool ack" (snack)..."ommy, cool baby"...you get the picture.  He is saying 3 and 4 word phrases A LOT!  He is also calling people by name..Zinedean was De-de today...BIG STEP!  A lot of things are "no, _____" but it is so cool to see the way his mind is working.  He has a really cute personality!  He is counting to 14 (not all clear, but with one to one correspondence), can name all of his colors and calls letters "wetters" if he does not know the name of it, but can name E, P, Z, J, H, O, and a few others.  I always have nursery rhymes playing in the car.  He is FINALLY singing along with them.  Sheesh!  I have only had to listen to them for 2.5 years!  ;)  Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes is a fave for him this week and he touches the body parts as he sings it.  Again, HUGE gains for him!
So thankful and pray this continues.  GREAT signs!!!!  :-)

Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment