Friday, July 6, 2012

June Trip to see the fam! 2012 Part One



WOW!  What an amazing trip.  I honestly do not think we missed seeing anyone or anything...it was super busy, but so much fun!!!  I miss everyone so much already.  I will let the pictures tell the story.  ;)
Both kids were AMAZING on the airplane going there AND coming home.  We were so proud of them.  Liam did eat 4 peanuts off of the floor at the end of the first flight so we did have a mild freak out because he had been allergic, but thankfully I guess he has grown out of it because he was fine!

Saturday night, we hung outside and grilled at my parent's house with my sister, her hubby and my nephew.  It was very relaxing and wonderful to spend quality time with them.  The kids slept sooooo good in every place we went.  This first night was a little rough, but we still got a good 8 hours.  :-)  Sunday morning, we woke up early.  I picked up the cake and we all got ready to head to the church for the Baptism and then lunch.  My sweet girl smiled ALL day long and just LOVED every minute of all of the attention.  She did try to dive into the Baptismal fountain as well which everyone thought was hilarious!!!!
Getting dressed!  She smiled like this the ENTIRE trip!!!
Aunt Kallie, my godmother, getting me into my dress and hat.  The dress was my Aunt Kristen's from 32 years ago!!!!
 With my godparents, Aunt Kallie and Uncle Kevin!
We ate lunch at a cute little restaurant and had an amazing afternoon.

Monday morning we packed up for the beach and arrived in Sea Isle City, NJ around noon.  The afternoon was spent with naps and settling in and around 4 we went to the amusement park before dinner.  It was so much fun!!!  Liam was the perfect age and Rowan and Luke had a great time watching and riding the carousel.  I went on the roller coaster with him and Rick did the spinning rides which usually make me a tad nauseous.  ;)
I seriously think they look like twins here!!!
Aunt Kristen, Uncle Jeremy and Luke with Liam!
Mommy and her little man on the roller coaster!
Cousins and their daddys at our lobster dinner.  It was DELISH and they even had a play area for Liam right by our table!  AMAZING!
 Rowan and Uncle Jeremy. She looooooves him and also was pretty fond of the human lobster!  ;)

The next day was BEACH TIME!!!  It was a little slow moving in the morning.  Gigi and Liam had some bonding time on the boardwalk.  He came home SOOO happy and with a smoothie that they were supposed to share, but he drank the WHOLE thing.  ;)
In the early afternoon, we made our way to the beach...3 kids in tow.  It was tons of fun!  We spent most of our time trying to prevent them from eating sand, but they all LOVED it!  Liam was too funny.  What a difference one year makes!






 


That night, we were lucky enough to have my best friend Laurie and her new hubby pay us a visit.  They just happened to be in Atlantic City for the night, so they drove over for dinner and some drinks.  It was a BLAST!!!

In the morning, we cleaned up and headed back to my mom's house around noon.  Before we left, we grabbed some yummy Italian and even a glass of wine!  Love vacation!!!

That night, we relaxed, grilled pork chops and got ice cream.  After the kids went to bed, Rick and I sat on the porch and had a nice talk with my brother.  He was very open with us and it was so great to just give him a big hug!

Thursday, my mom took the kids for the day and we drove to York to check on our house.  I am happy to say, it looked great, other than the yard, but the inside is being well maintained.  PHEW!  We got there at 11, met my friend Sandy for lunch at our favorite restaurant, went to the house around 1:30, left at 2 and had a drink at our favorite country club right up the street from our house, and then got back on the road.  Quick, but fun "adult time".  ;)

I will post about the second half of our trip later.  It was Maryland and the Blake side of the family...the fun continued!!!  :-)  Happy Friday!



No comments:

Post a Comment