Monday, July 9, 2012

An Emotional but Hopeful Day

I am going to make this short because Rick and I are still trying to wrap our minds around it all.  Liam had his Developmental Pediatrician appt. today at 1:00.  We have been waiting for a long time for this appt. and throughout that time I have gone days when I thought I was just being an "over-worried" mom because Liam seemed so "normal" and others where again, I could not ignore the red flags.

Well, we were shocked, relieved, sad, and cannot even describe all of the emotions in words, to find out today that Liam is indeed on the spectrum.  Our sweet little boy does have Autism. 

We pray we can do everything we need to in order for him to lead a completely "normal" life. We will go back on the 19th to find out more "details" as to where exactly he is and what our next steps are.  He will continue to work with ECI through age 3 and also receive services through Frisco schools once he is 3.  We are also looking into a developmental preschool in which he will be offered all of the services he needs in order to be successful.

We both love him with all of our hearts and truly feel blessed to spend every day with him.  He is so special in so many ways and this could all be so much worse.  I am happy we caught it early and are very anxious to learn more in order to become a better mom and Rick feels exactly the same way well a better DAD!  ;).  I want to be very open and positive about this, but I cannot promise I will not tear up when I talk about it.  I pray most for happiness for him and strength and patience for us.  Any extra prayers would be great!  He is an amazing boy and we look forward to seeing his progress!!!

I will keep everyone updated.  I need to remember, it does not change the person he is.  He is still Liam and no diagnosis can hold my strong boy back!!!!  :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment