Monday, February 13, 2012

Update on Our Big Events...

Liam has taken to the big boy bed soooo well!  Naptime has been non existent the past 2 days...Rick and I were dying laughing.  The minute we walk out of the room at naptime, Liam, literally dives out of the bed to play with his toys, read books and pretty much turn his room upside down.  This is what I found yesterday...
Note--the upside down toy container...he plays with the wheels and also used it as a little book stand yesterday. 
he was standing in and on these...from his bookshelf.
He stripped the bookshelf bare...
But he was so happy and proud of himself!  And honestly, naps had been far and few between recently anyway.  As long as he is not grumpy at night, that is okay with me, which he is usually still pretty cheerful for not sleeping all day! 

And at night time, both nights, he just climbed  right in and went out cold....well, correction, last night he did try to make an escape but thank goodness for our video monitor that allows me to talk into his room...all I said was "you are such a big boy IN your bed buddy...nite-nite"...he stopped, turned and looked at the wall that was mommy's voice, curled up and went to sleep.  ;)

Miss Rowan ate avocado Sunday for lunch and even for dinner...she was whining in her walker while we were eating so we stuck her in the high chair and she gobbled up some more.  I did also try some organic brown rice cereal this morning and she seemed to like that too.

She has slept both nights 7 pm to 4 am and then back out til 7:30 am...sooo much better and much more content during the day...BUT (isn't there always a catch!!!) she will NOT NAP!!!!  aghhhh!!!!  It is fine on the weekends but during the week it is alot to entertain her all day...and this girl needs to be entertained.  So opposite of Liam who liked to play independently from day 1.  Yesterday she slept 15 minutes at 11 am and 20 minutes at 2 pm...that was it!  Today same pattern is in the works!  She is sooooo exhausted and ready for bed by 7 pm, but it is a long day and I am ready for bed then too!!!  This is not good because my 5K is Saturday and I have not gotten much running in because my days have been so long!  We shall see how I will do--yikes! 

BUT, the most important thing is both kiddos transitioned soooo well and are very happy. :-)  So even though I am an exhausted mama, I am a very happy one!   Liam woke up with a runny nose this morning so does not look like we will be going out much this week anyway, so maybe some relaxation is in my future???  hope so! ;)  Happy Valentine's Day week to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment