Saturday, August 4, 2012

The Dentist and Melon Dash

So, we went to the dentist yesterday for a third time.  I decided to try a new place much closer to our house in the Market St. shopping center called Frisco Mini Molars.  Liam's speech therapist took her daughter there and loved it.  So did we!!!!!  They did SUCH an amazing job with Liam.  He was a little upset by the end, but overall did VERY well.  They were EXTREMELY positive with him and sooooo patient.  His first trip to the old dentist resulted in them scraping, YES! scraping his teeth so I truly think he has been scarred for life.  But these two ladies made a heck of a difference yesterday.  I just love people who love their job!  It clearly shows!!!!  Rick was even able to meet us there and I also think that was a huge plus as well. 

No pics....bad mommy!

I also need to toot my own horn a little bit.  I ran in the Melon Dash this morning in McKinney.  Great little race through the square and surrounding neighborhoods.  A little more hilly than usual, but a pretty good course.  I have been training at the gym mostly in the morning while the kids are at the child care and I truly believe this is why my time decreased so much...I am always trying to get the run in QUICK before they page me to change a diaper or soothe a crying baby!  ;)  Anywho, my first race post baby back on Feb. 18th was completed in 29:38 and I was quite proud of that at the time.  Well, today, I finished 3rd in my age group (so I won an award!!!!) and crossed the finish line at 24:20...FIVE minutes shaved in less than 6 months.  :)))))))  And I felt great!!!!

Happy weekend all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment