Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Blake happennings....

Our weekend was very fun.  I took a LONG run on Saturday morning, Rick took Liam to LOWES again for the build and grow workshop and then we all headed to FAC pool.  We went to church at 5 and the babysitter came over at 7:45 so we could venture out to celebrate a 40th birthday!

Sunday was VERY, VERY lazy!  We did an IKEA trip, a Target trip and laid around and ate the rest of the day.  Much needed!

We did get in some backyard time before it got too hot.
My sweet son is not the most coordinated when it comes to sports ;)  but he is trying!  Baseball and soccer are the faves right now.
And still this little car.  Best 40 bucks ever!


This week has been busy again.  Swimming lessons are over so it has been a little less hectic, but the heat is making me exhausted!

Monday we went to the gym from 8:30-10.  LOVE IT!  Rowan is hit or miss...sometimes she loves it and others she lasts 15 minutes.  She did make it 35 minutes on Monday though!  ;)  Then, we did our community pool and lunch, naps, and then out to dinner for a yummy marg and some mexican!

Yesterday, we went to the JR Newman splash park and out for frozen yogurt in the afternoon.  Liam LOVED his vanilla with sprinkles and I even gave Rowan some plain vanilla.  She was in heaven!

This morning we went back to the gym and Rowan did GREAT!  1 hour!  And Liam has been SUCH a good boy.  He runs in reciting "no hitting, no pushing, no kicking"...HA!  I guess I have not been talking to the wall after all.

We were also lucky enough to have a private tour of Fire Safety Town this morning with my St. Francis MOMS group.  It was lots of fun.  Both kids were pretty tired but they did pretty good!

Not a huge fan and sitting and listening...can you tell?  ;)
But he LOVED sitting in the fire truck!!!!!
And Rowan ate snacks and more snacks as always!  ;)

A sidenote:  As I said in one of my previous posts regarding Liam, I feel like we were given a second chance at life and I cannot even put into words how lucky I feel every morning I wake up.  I want to run into the kids' rooms and just squeeze them and tell them how much I love them.  I am enjoying every second of every day with them more than I ever had...cherishing each little moment and thanking God for how blessed we are.  Being a stay at home mom really is THE BEST job EVER!  :)))))

The rest of the week is supposed to be SOO hot.  :(  Looks like lots more pool time and frozen yogurt!  Happy Wednesday. 



No comments:

Post a Comment