Monday, May 21, 2012

The Weekend

Friday afternoon we met Kristi and Emmie at the park by her house.  Liam and Emmie played so nicely and had a great time.  :-)  Friday night was a nice relaxing night...cheesesteaks from this place in Richardson that actually flies in the DAmoroso rolls from Philly...Rick picked them up on the way home and they hit the spot.  And we watched The Vow...okay movie.  Bedtime came early at 10 and Rowan actually let mommy  sleep til 4:30 and then did not get up again til 7:30!  She must have known I had my very first 10K!!!!

I did train a lot, but I was very nervous on Saturday morning.  The race started a little late, but the weather was great.  I had a little cold all week last week and felt really yucky on Friday, but could breathe again somehow right before the race started!  My new ipod also helped me so much.  I ran 6.2 miles in 53:14 and felt really awesome.  I was in shock when I saw the clock as I approached the finish line.  I am sooooo not the kind of runner that needs to know the course or keep track of my time as I am going.  In fact, if I did, I do not think I would do as well.  I was fourth out of 32 in my age group and 52nd out of 310 overall!  Such an accomplishment and I have decided a half marathon is definitely in my future...do not know when, but I WILL do it!!!

When I returned home, we took the kiddos to the park for an hour where Rowan went in the swing for the first time and came home for lunch and naps.  Rick took the cars to get washed and I relaxed for a few hours.  At 3:00, I headed out to my pedi appt.  (Mother's Day present).  Afterwards, I did a quick shopping trip to find an "after ceremony" outfit for Rowan on her baptism day.  Scored the cutest little white romper that I am having monogrammed with her initials.  It will be perfect and comfortable for the party! 

I returned home around 4:30 and we fed the kiddos dinner and packed up for a block party down the street.  Liam had sooooo much fun playing in the water!  It was actually really chilly as the sun went down and the wind blew, so we did have to drag him out of the pool by 7:00 to get a bath and ready for bed. 
Rowan was soooooo good...Sophie and some puffs=a happy baby!
Liam and his buddy!
Daddy and Rowan hanging out!  She loves her "dadadadadada"  ;)
Playtime after the party...she is SOOO proud of herself pulling up!  ;) 

Rick and I put the kids down around 8 and made some NY strips on the grill while we sat out back with a few beers.  Rowan woke up at 10:30 and it was the start to a loooooooong night.  :(  Poor baby caught my cold and started feeling miserable overnight.

Sunday morning everyone was up by 6:30 :( and we decided to go to the 8:30 mass at St. Francis and then to 5th St. Patio for breakfast.  So yummy, but kind of a disaster.  Rowan put her finger into steaming hot breakfast taco sauce and got a slight burn.  Then, she gagged on mucus and a puff and puked all over the table.  Liam had a meltdown over the breakfast potatoes but we all made it out with smiles so I guess that was sorta success.  ;)

When we came home, we played for a bit and the kids went down for a very early nap at noon.  I headed out to Target, but Rick called me by 12:30 because Rowan was up and hysterical...I was pretty confident at that point it was another ear infection.  She cried until I came home and just wanted to be held by her mama.  She is SUCH a mommy's girl!!  She finally fell asleep on my chest while we waited for Carenow to call us with a room (LOVE that web check in).  The dr. confirmed a double ear infections AGAIN!  :( and we got some scripts and headed to Market St. to have them filled.  She slept the whole way home and the whole time at the store.  Poor sweet baby!

Liam and daddy were going a little stir crazy at home so I fed her, gave her some meds, and we all went to Matitos for some dinner.  Rowan is always happier when she is out of the house, so it was great for all!  Last night was another long night, but she does seem better today.  Now, Liam is sneezing all over the place, but is still very happy so hopefully no ear infection is in store for him!!!  Today we did get to the park and played a lot in the house...here is the typical scene in our house these days.  Liam "blocking Rowan from his chair yelling "no chair baby, no chair baby".  ;) 
Well I just spent 15 minutes and it will not upload so we will move on!  ;)
Okay, so this pic WOULD upload so I will leave you with this adorable face.  So proud and feeling better!  And Liam is very happy in the background because she is not on HIS chair!  ;)  Have a happy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment