Saturday, May 5, 2012

Great Run for a Great Cause

As you all know, this cause is close to my heart.  Not only for the possibilities of Liam being diagnosed, but also for my cousin Melyni who is 35 and has Aspergers.  I felt so much positive energy as I lined up to start and it stayed with me throughout the race.  I got 4th in my age group with a time of 28:04 (PR!).  I felt GREAT!!!  My friend Heidi is truly my motivation to sign up for all of these races.  She even talked me into a 10K on the 19th!  I am all registered and kind of freaking out, but I am determined to complete it!!!  Greatest part of today was seeing my hubby and two angels standing at the finish line cheering me on!  AMAZING feeling.
Crossing the finish line!  Such a high!!!
Discussing the course ;)
The birthday buddies in their strollers.  Preston and Rowan are 6 hours apart.
So thankful this girl pushes me!!!  :-)

Now off to a Derby party and looking forward to some delish adult beverages!
Happy Cinco De Mayo as well!!!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment