Wednesday, May 9, 2012

nothing special, no pics, just some sweet things I want to remember about my babies at this age ;)

Well this week has flown by.  Not sure why.  I just looked at both of my kids today and cannot believe how big they are already.  :/ 

My housekeeper commented on how tall Liam is getting and how much he is thinning out.  I.KNOW.  He is just like a little boy now.  UGH!  He has been working super hard on his talking again.  That yucky ear infection 2 weeks ago set him back a bit, but this week he has been using tons of two word phrases and even some 3-4 word phrases.  Some examples:  hi baby, baby poo, poo diaper, (notice a pattern ;), mmm juice, blue crayon, fish bowl, pants pocket (he is obsessed with pockets), cool shoes (and obsessed with shoes), cool car (and obsessed with our new car!  ha!), mommy's car, and the most hilarious and we have no idea where he got it from COOL DUDE!  ;)  Now, his articulation still has a LONG way to go, but he is trying and for now, I just want to eat up some of the words he says in "Liam language"...they sound so stinkin cute!!!!  For example:  puffs are poiffshs (HA!), crayons are colors, he annunciates S on the end of words with so much force ;), pants are patsssssssss ;)  He also likes to touch all of the parts of my face and name them now. (nose, cheek, head, ears, eyes, hair, etc.)  He likes to do it to the baby too but is not so gentle all of the time.  :/  She adores him and LOVES the attention either way! 
Love hearing his little voice.  His loving ways melt my heart as well.  He is SUCH a hugger and kisser in the house.  He LOVES to hug and kiss the baby and me all day long.  He is such a great helper these days...cleaning up and even goes to get his own diapers when he needs to be changed.  In the same way, he tells me when he has poo in his diaper--July is hardcore potty training and it looks like he is well on his way to getting ready!!  WAHOO!  Love him so much!

Miss Rowan has been quite the social butterfly this week!  She had so much fun with the other babies at Finley's party last Sunday.  She was so excited she even scared some of the others with her LOUD talking and squealing.  Her personality is hilarious!  Then, I took them to the gym childcare yesterday for the first time.  I really need to get these runs in and I am just so tired at night.  I have been hesitant taking both of them, but it could not have worked out better.  Our reservation was for 11 am.  Liam ran right in yesterday and cried a little today, but was fine after two minutes.  Now, Rowan, I think she wanted to push me out of the door so she could play with her friends!  She was HILARIOUS!  Exploring the whole room with her worm crawl and the teachers commented both days on what a happy baby she is!  The one guy said he just giggled at her the whole time...she was talking up a storm (SURPRISE!) and flapping her arms like a crazy person.  We think she is still trying to clap when she does that, but I think she also uses it for "hi" as well.  Today, I went in to get her (after a full hour!) and she was still happy as could be and even turned away from me, like "okay, I will play more.  Bye, mom"...this girl has cracked us up from the start and I am sure we will be laughing for MANY more years to come!!!!  ;)  She has started trying to pull up and is up on all fours rocking to try to crawl.  Almost there!!!  Regardless, she gets ALL OVER the house with her worm crawl.  She loves to stand when we hold her and points her toes like a ballerina.  I swear she is going to be a dancer!!! 

I guess that is all for now.  Nothing much.  Just want to freeze time.  It is going WAY TOO FAST!!!!  And I am loving every minute of being home with them!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment