Tuesday, March 20, 2012

My poor munchkin--first stitches (well, staples) :(

It was a first that I never wanted to have to report.  :(  Hoping my son is not as accident prone as his mother.  But, it has already begun today.

A simple morning began the same as always.  Baths, breakfast, a little cartoons.  We were planning to have 6 friends over for a playdate as well.
At 9:30, there was a knock at the door.  A man in a gray hooded sweatshirt asked if Richard Blake lived here.  I said yes.  He went on to ask if I was Kelly Blake in a very EERY voice.  He then said and I quote "if my husband did not give him his money, we would have some problems".  I was in SHOCK!  I said who are you and what do you mean?  He said "your husband will know what I mean".  WHOA!  I slammed the door, locked it, and called Rick HYSTERICAL.  He left work right away and headed home with a quick stop to the police station.  Long and short is that Rick oversees the fraud department for his company.  They were holding funds on this client because of some unusual activity and it just so happens they are located in Little Elm.  They had apparently been calling Rick's office and harassing them and then somehow found our home address and showed up.  Can we say SCARY?!??!?  When Rick stopped at the police station, they said since he did not assault me, there was nothing they could do.  Seriously?!?!?  Rick's boss contacted the company lawyer and they are getting a restraining order against him so if he does attempt to come at all close to our home, he will be arrested.  OMG!

In the midst of all of this, I tried to cancel the playdate, but not everyone got the email.  So, Ashlea and Ally showed up at 10.  I was explaining to her what was going on while Liam and Ally ran around playing.  The ended up in the dining room where we were talking and Liam pulled on the curtains.  Down they came.  The rod pulled right out of the wall, screws and all and landed on the top left side of his head. He immediately went hysterical, but I just saw two small scratches on his forehead, until his beautiful blonde hair began to turn a dark shade of red and I saw a big gash.  OMG!  THANK GOD Ashlea was here because I went bizerk to say the least.  I could not stay calm, and I think this upset Liam more.  Ashlea cleaned him up a bit and we agreed he needed to get it looked at.  Liam calmed down pretty quickly and I called Rick.  He was at the police station at the time and headed home right away.

Liam ate a bagel before we went while I called the pediatrician to be sure we should not go there first.  He really seemed fine.  MUCH better than me!!!  They said go right to Urgent Care.  We were in at 11 and out by 12 with 2 staples in his head.  The numbing part was the worst and thank goodness Rick was there.  We stopped at McDonalds on the way home to get him yummy french fries and ice cream for lunch for being such a strong boy.  He is currently running around the living room right now and seems just fine.  No nap.  I am a little worried how bath and night time sleeping will go because of where it is on his head.  We go back tomorrow to have it checked and one week from today to have them taken out.  The dr. and nurse were FABULOUS with him.  SUPER gentle and sweet!  Props to Carenow on Preston Road and Lebanon.  :-)  We do have to watch for a concussion, but the dr. said by the size and location he thought he would be ok.

Rick took the rest of the day off.  I was so happy to have him here.  Here are some kinda gross pics.  I felt pretty awful taking pictures of his painful injury, but maybe he will want to see it one day?!?!  Rick just went out to get his haircut and he is picking up some skinnygirl Margaritas on the way home, which I have been dying to try.  PERFECT night to have one and relax after quite an exhausting day!!!  I just never want these kiddos to EVER feel pain.  It is THE hardest thing to see and go through.  :(
Eating ice cream for lunch after the staples and drs!
GROSS I know.  The two shiny things are real staples!  :(
This is really kinda weird I am posting this, but I always remembered the outfit I was wearing in each of my major bike accidents.  This was the shirt he was wearing with his battle scars on it.  :(  He seriously was so strong.

So happy we are all safe and Liam is going to be okay.  Tomorrow is a NEW DAY!  YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Poor Liam! What a crazy day! But I'm still shocked you opened the door to a stranger?! That could have ended SO much worse! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and our property tax records are public info here :/ Just google search collin county tax records and you can pull up any of us. Sucks, I know! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I DEFINITELY learned my lesson. Never thought anything of it before. How naive am I?!?!? Glad.the.day.is.over. And they are both in bed sound asleep. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh Kelly - so scary!!! I'm so glad everyone is OK now.

    ReplyDelete