Tuesday, March 27, 2012

6 month Check Up

You did very well at your check up Rowan!  I cannot even believe you are going to be six months on April 7th!  Here are your stats:
Weight  17 lbs 14 oz 80th %
Height   26 3/4  85th%
Head     42.9   70th%
You got 3 shots.  :(  And we tried to give you some dye-free tylenol when we got home and you puked all over daddy.  First time you have ever thrown up and since you have never really spit up, I ESPECIALLY hated seeing this!  You HATED it!  In your defense, daddy tried to give it to you while you were laying flat on your back.  :/  So needless to say, it went down the wrong pipe!
The dr. said he does not see any teeth coming in which is so funny to me because your big bro already had 2 and was getting 5 more at this time!  He had 7 at 6.5 months.
We tried to sit you up on the table and you still tip to the one side.  He said you are just not ready.  ;) 
You ARE scooching allllllllllll over now.  One side of the room to the other.
You love to play under your blanket and under the chair.  So cute.
The piggy toy in the pic above is one of your faves.
You also loooooove your brother's froggy blankie.  And he shares with you SO SO SO nicely.  He loves you SOOOO much!
Your brother makes you laugh so hard when he comes down the steps (apparently it is HILARIOUS!) and when we are done eating he likes to yell DONE!  which sounds like DAT! but you crack up every time...like over and over.  It is just adorable how much you look up to him.
You are doing GREAT in your carseat now!  THANKS BE TO GOD!  ;)
Sleep and you are not the best of friends.  ;)  You have only slept through the night a handful of times and since it is not teeth, I am just not sure what the heck the deal is.  I think you just want your mama to snuggle with you which is just fine with me!  ;)  I am getting a little tired though.
You are FINALLY napping well!  2-3 naps in your crib for at least 30 minutes each.  Sometimes for 2 hours!!!  I love that!
I am still breastfeeding you and planned to at least through 8 months.  But, they just discontinued the Target Brand formula we were using and the others are like 10 dollars more, so I may just do it til a year!  Such a savings!
You are not liking foods other than cereal still.  I tried peas and I cannot even explain the gag reflex.  You still make a face like you are eating a lemon when I give you pears.  In cereal, you tolerate them.  The only food you will eat alone is prunes.  I mean GROSS!  And I can also mix sweet potatoes into cereal but you will not eat them alone.  Picky much?  ;)  After our trip this weekend, we are going to start the green veggies.  I can only imagine how that will go over.  And the dr. said to try some mixed fruits and veggies once you have tried them by themselves that maybe you would like them better.  And then some meats and also some finger foods in a month or so.  Cannot believe you are this big already!  Unfortunately, you are not liking the homemade baby food at all.  :(  Only the store bought.  Not sure if it is the consistency or what.  But, again, we are going to keep trying!!!
You are getting a little bored with some of your "spots" these days. 
You LOVE being outside in the bumbo just watching brother play and the weather has been so nice, we have been out there a lot.  We put you in the swing the other night for the first time and you were not real sure about it at first, but then warmed up.  ;)
We cannot believe what a sweet girl you are.  And love you oh so much!

A few sidenotes:
This is when I got "baby fever" after Liam and was ready for another.
I cannot even believe this, but we are going to "try" (well cannot even call it that because if it happens, it happens, and if not, that is what is meant to be) for that third through next April.  That would keep me at 35 and under which I have always wanted.  I am SOO irregular (maybe TMI) that it is sooooo hard to know when I am ovulating etc.  Liam and Rowan were both "Clomid babies".  Without using that, it is not going to be easy at all, but we will see.  Again, we are not really even trying, but would not be upset if it happened!  If it doesn't my wonderful hubby is going to get uno what.  ;)  And we are most definitely done then!  ;)

Friday, we are going away for the first time ALONE in 4 years.  We are SOOOOO thankful to my parents for coming here to watch the kiddos, even with the week they have had.  :(  I will not go into details, but the long and short is my sweet little brother Kevin has been battling a drug addiction for many years but was never ready to get help.  Yesterday, he was FINALLY admitted to a drug rehab center in Pennsylvania.  He went willingly and we are so proud of him.  To say that the past few months of worrying and stress has taken a toll on my parents is an understatement.  He was truly at "rock bottom" and we were all very fearful for his life.  They are really excited to have the time with the kiddos and I think it could be just what they need.  I feel extra lucky to have such supportive, unconditionally loving parents.  Being a parent now myself, they truly do amaze me!  2 days and counting till I can give them a HUGE hug!!!! 

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment