Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Looking forward to a new year!

Well we were quite eventful since my last post...unfortunately not the events I would have liked, but at least it is all over and we are home with (for the most part) healthy kiddos.

I do not even want to post all of the details because this blog is to remember the good things and last week was all but good!  Long and short was Rowan continued to go downhill as the week went on and by Thursday we were back to the drs. after a very scary night of my sweet girl working very hard to breathe after numerous coughing/choking fits.  We found out she also had a double ear infection and they sent her for a chest x ray.  When we got home, she got into a coughing fit in her carseat and turned blue...I must say, probably the SCARIEST moment in my entire life.  By the time I got her out, it took her 5 minutes to stop coughing and she went lethargic.  I called the dr. and they set her up with a bed at the hospital so we did not have to go through emergency.  After an IV and numerous tests and breathing treatments, we were able to go home on Sat. morning with a much, much healthier girl.  It is Tuesday now and she is still recovering with antibiotics and breathing treatments at home but she is smiling and feeling better.  She had pneumonia on top of the RSV, so it will be a little bit before she is 100%, but we are getting there.  SO. GLAD. IT. IS. OVER.  It is unbelievable how much strength YOU taught ME sweet girl!  You were AMAZING through all of this!  xoxo

So, we did cancel our trip. :(  But Liam and I fly up to NJ on Thursday morning.  I am excited to have some bonding time with my little man and it will be nice for Dada and Rowan to have some time.  We will miss them, but I am looking forward to getting some relaxation and fun in while Gigi and Pop watch Liam and I celebrate with my bestie on her special day!

Christmas is coming quickly and we are decorated inside...as Liam undecorates on a daily basis.  ;)  Here is our Christmas tree...
After a certain toddler passed by it a few times and could not help himself ;)

We also started doing Elf on a Shelf this year. I think Rick and I were more excited than Liam, but he is still young and I think next year he will have lots of fun with it...as for this year, we read the story to him on Sat. night and he just wanted to run away with the paper cover and play with the book.  We named our Elf "Clark" after Clark Griswold.  He is a funny elf...this is where we found him this morning...

As Christmas approaches, so does a special little boy's SECOND birthday.  Cannot even believe our sweet Liam will be TWO!  We had planned a Blues Clues bday party at home, but now we are having the celebration at Gatti Town.  It is similar to Chucky Cheese and should be a lot of fun for all of the kiddos.  We are still keeping the Blues Clues theme, but we are happy to keep some extra germs from our house.  I know I am going to drive myself nutso with all of this germ stuff, but I never want to be in another situation like last week again.  I did also withdrawl Liam from MDO..I was so torn as to what I should do, but in the end, I think I made the right decision.  They were so understanding and will hold his spot for next year.  I was paying monthly and he was rarely there because of illness plus bringing so many germs home.  Next year Rowan will be bigger and stronger and her little body will be able to handle more.  In the same way, hopefully we can get his sinuses under control and start fresh in 2012.  I am going to miss his teachers and classmates, as I am sure he will.

That is all for now...just a quick update.  I cannot wait to post pics from Laurie's wedding, Liam's party, Christmas, and NYE.  Such exciting and fun times to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment